Friday, October 30, 2009

Let the Kids Enjoy Themselves!

I live in a safe neighborhood. I know many of my neighbors. My kids are going trick or treating in a group. They know not to go in anyone's house. So, why should I pay to take them to "Trunk or Treat" or to some indoor Halloween party. We had the fun of going trick or treating door to door. Why deprive our kids of this fun?

If you have a toddler or very young child, I understand the convenience of "controlled" or "limited" trick or treating at pumking patches, etc.

But for kids over 7, let them have fun!

My kids are making their own costumes this year too. What's this new fad that everyone goes to the store and spends $20-$30 on a piece of fabric. It takes all the fun out of the costumes.

I always dress up to give out candy and the kids love it.

So carve your pumpkin, cook the seeds, let the kids make their costumes, and let them go out and have fun. Let's rebuild our community. And yes, someone stay home and give out candy.

1 comment: