Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kipper Installment

Dogs, like us, are creatures of habit. Here are some of Kipper's more interesting ones.

Kipper, likes to play air guitar. When he gets an itch on his underbelly, he takes his back leg and moves it back in forth as if to scratch himself, but he can't actually reach the spot. He keeps doing it any way.

When Kipper is in the house and excited, he walks around the dining room table over and over again, like an Indian doing a war dance around the fire.

Like most dogs, Kipper loves affection. One of his most annoying habits is to present his snout to your hand when you are not paying attention and he does it just right so that your finger ends up his nose. It's rather disgusting.

Speaking of affection, Kipper is very jealous. If the cat comes on my lap, Kipper makes his way over, sits down, looks at me with those big brown eyes and whines (or talks), saying, "Hey, spread some of that over here." He is also jealous when Steve and I are without the kids and in the living room having a good conversation. He starts whining or turning circles. When he's in that mood, if I ask him if he has to go out, he just stares at me dully. If Steve asks him if he wants to be poked in the eye with a sharp stick, or anything else, he starts wagging his stub and dancing in circles. It doesn't matter what Steve says to him or the tone of voice, Kipper indicates he wants to do something with Steve. I can ask him all excited, "Want to go out boy?!" and he'll turn his head to Steve.

On the other hand, when it comes to discipline, Kipper listens better to me than Steve. So I don't know who is the master. Well, actually I do know. If I really think it over, all the history, everything that's happened, yes I do know. It's Kipper.

2 comments: