Friday, October 16, 2009

Tenderness of a Dog

Kipper comes and sits by me in the morning. He regards me with his big brown eyes. He doesn't try to speak so early in the morning, but uses his eyes to tell it all. He holds nothing back. Kipper tells me he loves me, is grateful for my love, wishes I would sit with him all day, wants to go out exploring and that he will always be loyal to his family. He sits quietly, enjoying the stroking of his neck, ears and face. His nose is cold and his fur is fluffy. I can tell he feels sleepy, but still he sits until I lift my hand away to pick up my basket of books. Then he jumps in the window. He lets me go on with my day, but I can be sure that the next time I sit on the couch or walk in the door, he will come to me and greet me, offering himself for another session of soothing.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention he's stinky but we love him all the same.ZOOK

    ReplyDelete