Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Just Be

Why are we so addicted to doing? As women, we like to add to our to-do list. It's as if we are all wearing a plain crown, and the things we do add jewels to that crown.

I have to remind myself daily, that I am the jewel. God made me in his image. He knows every hair on my head, the gray ones and the dyed ones! He loves me first and foremost. It is important to do good works and to fulfill my responsibilities as a wife and mother, but I also need to take time to just be!

I don't have to keep trying to find more and more to fill up the calendar. I need to fill up my tank--which means I need exercise, proper nutrition, rest, relaxation and fun!

It's not just about what the kids want to do. I love playing hockey, basketball and baseball with my kids. I do it because it's fun, not because I think I should do it. But I also like to go for bike rides and garden. These are activities that I do for me.

Then, I also take time to relax with a good book or a warm bath. I don't have to read the latest parenting article, but I can read something funny or different. I am learning to be a full person. I will never fit society's mold, because it doesn't fit me! The more I accept that and accept myself, the happier I become.

If I listen, God will show me where and how I need to do, but sometimes, I just need to be.

Have a great day--no matter what you do or don't do today!

No comments:

Post a Comment