Sunday, March 7, 2010

Food Pyramid

Many people have asked me how I've trimmed down over the past year. Well, I've followed the long-proven method of food intake control and daily exercise. I track my food using the FDA-approved food pyramid. This is an online service. It's free and they don't sell your name or send you spam. You fill out a simple profile and it calculates your recommended daily intake of calories as well as quotas for each food group.

It helps me stay accountable to what I'm putting in my mouth and means that I can still eat everything, but now I track it. Over time, it's led me to eat healthier and to be more creative about food. I'm actually enjoying what I eat a lot more. It has left me feeling freer because I no longer have to debate every piece of food in my head. I can log it in before I eat it and see if it's worth it.

Check it out:
http://www.mypyramidtracker.gov/planner/index.aspx

I'll talk about my exercise regime in a coming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment