Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009

As we close one year and approach a new year, we reflect on where we've been and how far we've come.

Personally, this year has been a journey of trust.

I've learned to rely on God to provide for all my needs. But first, I had to ask. The action of prayer and asking for specific help from God meant that I had to do my part.

I couldn't be like the man who prayed for God to rescue him from drowning but refused the life preserver, the boat, and the helicopter. If I was to ask God, it meant I had to do my part and trust God with the rest. This has been an awesome lesson for me.

Trusting God to provide also meant feeling worthy of receiving God's blessings instead of believing as I always did that I had to earn everything.

With this growth comes the realization that I will never do it 100% perfect, 100% of the time. But when I look back at the year, I see how my faith has increased and my priorities have changed for the better.

Next year will hold even more lessons because I am willing to grow.

Take a look at where you've grown this year and enjoy it.

The new year will present it's own challenges and if we're willing to grow, we will improve--without any resolutions.

1 comment: