Monday, November 16, 2009

Holiday Reflection

The black outline of the maple tree silhouettes against the pale pink and blue sky. Then the pink fades quickly. The sky is robin-egg blue. Night falls quickly in November. The days seem to pass faster as we accelerate toward the holidays. With every day giving us less sunlight, we feel the rush to get ready for the holidays. The shorter days seem to tell us time is running out.

But the long nights give us time to reflect, relax, and pray. We have time to think about all that scurrying. What can we let go of this year to give us more time to enjoy the season? Perhaps we will spend our time writing personal notes in our Christmas cards instead of buying so many presents. Maybe the gift of ourselves would mean more than a trinket, gadget, or the latest QVC special.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I really like the images, it feels rushed, but I am sure that's me reading it in the state I'm in, I'm thoroughly impressed. And I have no business critiquing your work, still it feels disconnected,stay in one place. Please don't take offence, ok I'll leave before I really make a fool of myself,
    "How is that possible?"
    jdr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe the gift of ones self is the best gift one can give. Material gifts can be nice but they come and go the gift of ones self and the love that comes with it remains forever.Very nice piece of writing it makes one think. ZOOK

    ReplyDelete