Sunday, January 24, 2010

Out with the Old

I don't have the old outfits to wear anymore. I've changed and have new clothes to put on. There's no going back.

Clothing to me is like attitudes. We choose what to wear everyday. Once I've cleaned out the closets and donated or thrown away the clothes that are ruined, too big, too small or that I simply don't want anymore, I can't wear them again. What of attitudes? I can banish the attitudes of self-doubt, criticism, pessimism, cruelty, sarcasm and ridicule. They don't fit me anymore, so why hold on to them? Are they like the old pair of jeans that I'll never wear again because even if they do fit again one day, they'll be out of style. Why not discard the attitudes now like the sweater that itches me? Then I don't have to wonder why I'm so uncomfortable when I put them on again.

A new wardrobe of faith, hope, love, charity, optimism, energy, tolerance, humor, kindness, patience and forgiveness is much more flattering and comfortable. If I accessorize with a smile, I'm sure to make the best fashion statement yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment