Saturday, January 16, 2010

January Morning

A strange cloud hangs over me this morning. I feel gray like the skies outside on this gray January day. Piles of dirty snow. Wet pavement. The quiet of a cold, damp morning in Michigan.

I long for the sun and the sound of birds. I miss the flowers blooming and green grass. I wish to look upon blue skies.

A few lingering Christmas decorations at the house across the street mock me. Christmas is over. No more bright lights to shine against the gray.

But what of my light within? Shall I hold it captive? Why not smile and rejoice in the gifts of today? A warm cat on my lap. The comfort of a cup of coffee. Anticipation of seeing friends and family. A loving husband and kids who fill my happy home. A faithful God who stands by me, even in my grumpy moods.

Dark clouds of thought be gone! Now, I hear a bird chirp. I smile to myself.

1 comment: